Requests for genealogical research may be made to the library via e-mail, telephone or postal mail.
The charge will be $10.00 for a volunteer consulting up to five record sources that are located within our genealogy library. Photocopies or printouts will be charged at the rate of 25 cents per page plus the cost of postage.
- An initial deposit of $10.00 can be made online through our Store module. Click here Once the search is completed and results in copies, the researcher will inform you of the additional charges for copies and postage. The additional charges will need to be sent by check.
Our library is open to accept phone calls at 573-443-8936 ext. 304 during our open hours.
Thursday to Saturday from 12:00 noon until 4:30 p.m. unless closed due to holidays or inclement weather.
When the museum and library are closed a phone message can be left on our answering machine and we will respond to your call as soon as possible.
Our location is at the Boone County Historical Society
3801 Ponderosa Drive Columba MO, 65201.
- We are unable to copy the entire contents of files or conduct extensive searches of microfilm. We cannot print from our microfilm reader.
- The following guidelines apply when submitting a request for genealogical research:
- You must provide a specific name(s) & dates (at least the month and year) and any other pertinent information for the request.
- Include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and your phone number in your request.
- Requests may be submitted via:
- Please allow us four to six weeks to fill your request and to contact you with the amount needed for payment.
- An initial deposit of $10.00 can be made online through our Store module. Click here
- Payment is accepted in the form of checks, payable to:
- Genealogical Society of Boone Co & Central MO
- Mailing address:
Genealogical Society of Boone Co & Central MO
PO Box 26
Columbia, MO 65205
- If you require more in-depth research and are unable to visit the library. you may wish to hire a professional researcher. Three resources are provided here. GSCM does not endorse the research of any of these persons and assumes no responsibility for their work.